Musical world and finding the right path in the field..
Before I begin writing today's think piece , want to wish all readers a happy new year 2023 . Hope you have all begun the year with a bang and may have an endless bucket list of "to do" things for the family , for career, for home, for hobbies and much more.
For me musically , there's so much to do as in riyaaz (the more the better) , everybody knows their limitations, and that music is a vast ocean. It has enormous spectrum of opportunities and one should know where he/she stands and what could be the next step. Today I am just trying to share my thoughts on how I am trying to cope with my limitations as in voice type or quality..
We see a lot of young and energetic , promising artistes on reality shows who are so amazing at their craft , I must say just to say "amazing" would be an understatement .
So what about someone like me whose pitch or scale is low ,there is riyaaz for everything but still scale being low is a drawback ,but can't stop anyone from singing right. There are so many options like teaching music in a school maybe or at home ... Now teaching online is becoming more popular... Taking workshops on various aspects like voice training, Indian classical music(depends on the level) ,light music, semiclassical music etc.. And there's playback singing, however this requires high pitch and it's a different genre altogether. These are only a few things that you could do with knowledge of Indian music, still there are many options like stage performers, voice over artistes etc Most important is a person's willingness to learn to enjoy what you are doing , and keep on learning..
Moreover when people have too many things in their mind like I want to write, teach music etc etc ... I should not be a "jack of all trades but master of none" ... So people who are waiting for an answer , let me tell you there are so many legends who are an inspiration for many , can't name them here because the list is long, who were and are good at many things ...
It's always good to know where one stands , be humble , and be ready to learn at every step of life and work hard and keep on improving your skill..
This write up is just to share my thoughts for younger aspiring boys and girls and for myself to read again and remind that I need to buckup and do something fruitful , it may be a days riyaaz or imparting your knowledge to a needy person .
Comments
Post a Comment